Friday, 23 September 2011

Friday feeling

Horray it's F-R-I-D-A-Y! That means no work for two days and a lie in tomorrow! I have had serious wake up issues this week I just can't get myself out of bed :-( I'm looking forward to a glass of wine later but only later because I can't knit with wine because I can't see or think straight with wine...!

I'm working on a new project for my friends birthday next week - it's ok there's no chance of her reading this!

I was really hoping to make a Danger Craft monster so I bought the Daphne and Delilah pattern but after opening the PDF and trying for two hours I just couldn't do it!

The first step is to Cast On 6 sts onto DPNs which is 2 sts on each needle, just too fiddly for me even though I made a jar cosie with DPNs a few weeks ago *Sigh*

So I got a lovely free and easy pattern on Ravelry that you can see here! I am definitely giving it a Danger style face though :-)


Knitted monster


Haha it looks like a pair of pants doesn't it! I'm pretty sure it will work out though, I just hope she likes it because it's put One A Day on hold til it's done! The colours look a bit weird here (they look a different weird in real life!) but that's all quite monstery isn't it?

I still can't stop knitting this though...


Diagonal stripey scarf


I LOVE this wool!!

Tomorrow I'm looking forward to a day in town while J is at work. Horray for me time!

Have a lovely weekend all!

x x x x

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see whatever you are coming up with. I love the yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colours you are using for the monster!!Waiting to see the results!!The colour changes in the scarf looks nice!!And is that a rug the scarf is kept on??It is soo pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve on those needles!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-) p

    ReplyDelete
  4. cant wait to see how your monster turns out!!

    The colours in your scarf are lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stripes on your scarf and looking forward to seeing the finished monster. You can usually get away with casting on flat and working a few rounds before switching to dpns then using the tail to sew up the first few rows, just remember to convert the rows for flat knitting

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x