Monday, 5 March 2012

One hundred lovelies

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

March
That's the noise you make when you realise you've got 100 followers :-)

I honestly don't know how or why - especially as lately I've been a pretty bad blogger - but I'm thrilled all the same and even more motivated to do my part and erm, write stuff!

So I would like to say "thanks very much!" indeed to all you followers, and all you readers who might not be followers - I love you too! I will be posting a giveaway as soon as I make something and thanks to Teresa Kasner I have just the idea!

Well part of the reason I've not been blogging much is I've been finishing off things and I think there's only so many photos I can show you of this scarf:

Moss stitch Feb 2012
But there it is! Half a ball of yarn to go - I think it's going to be long!

Moss stitch Feb 2012
I made another baby hat too for my friend - now very proud father - at work who had a little boy two weeks ago.

Baby cable hat #2
My only reservation was the colour because he asked for "United Red" - I could barely bring myself to do it!!

Moving on.

Since my granddad died my family have been on "Nan watch" which essentially means making sure she's got lots of visitors and things to do. I should take this moment to say that my Nan is super strong and copes with most things remarkably and has taken everything so well - she is no quivering mess - so last weekend we took her out to Dunelm Mill to buy cushions. As you do. She'd not really been able to leave the house without someone to look after my graddad so this new found freedom is all a bit, well new!

While we were there I found this amazing mug for £2.99! "NO MORE MUGS!" said J. Haha said I - this one is coming home with me and you'll just have to put up with it and ALL the other mugs we have. So here we are :-)
Bunting mug :-)

Bunting mug :-)
Even better is my Dad paid so technically I didn't even buy the mug we didn't need. WIN! The last time my Mum & Dad did this they paid for wool I was after as a Christmas present. We've never seen it since.

x x x x

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the 100th follower. I love the little red hat is adorable. And I am giggling at your mug logic there. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your 100th follower! Glad to see I am not the only one with a mug collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome! congratulations :)

    You are not a bad blogger :) As long as people enjoy your posts, that is all that counts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your followers and lovely projects! Glad your Nan is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S*!* on your 100th Follower! I agree, you are not a bad blogger.. we love you just as you are. Of course now I'm curious what giveaway that I inspired you to give? Do tell! :-)

    Your mug is GOR-geous and the story was sooo funny! I read the story to hubby too.

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yaay 100 followers! The scarf is looking gorgeous and so does the baby hat, "United Red"-colour and all :-) The mug is adorable, well worth the not paying attention to J! :D xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow 100 followers amazing! Well done & well deserved.
    I too have a thing for mugs and buy lots of random mugs I/we do not need! Lol love that ur dad paid for it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x